Saturday, May 27, 2006
If you treat everything like a life or death situation, you're gonna die a lot.
I'm the type of person who does this. Everything is MAJOR. Guess I'm a drama queen. And I die a lot! LOL! It's all not necessary, though. Not sure if I can change that, though. It is a part of my personality. It's part of what makes me, me. Still, I'm not ready to embrace it. I'd like to grow out of that particular trait. Any ideas how I can do that?
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
And that's why I haven't written in a while. Didn't want to admit it to anyone. But it's natural I guess. If you are the praying type, please pray for us. Two words: spiritual warfare.
Here's where things stand:
- I have almost $1500 outgoing suport :)
- We have about $350 monthly support and my church tells me I have $500 but when I ask what that means and/or if they know something I don't know, all they do is repeat that I have $500. So I have $500
- The leads of childcare for Bonnie have not panned out. This is weighing heavily on my mind so please pray. If you know a student who would be interested in coming to Japan for the summer (I'll pay for her ticket) in exchange for hanging out with Bonnie while I work, helping us get settled, etc., I am open to the idea. But I don't know anyone.
- Our plane tickets have been bought. We leave June 19 from Charlotte and arrive in Osaka on June 20th (14 hour flight plus connections). I think we're going to stay at the airport hotel that night since we land at 6 p.m. Osaka time and then go to Kurashiki the next day. My best friend in Japan wants to meet us!
- Since Rachel (current English teacher at Agape) needs to move out of the apartment, we will be staying in a hotel for a week or so. This is not ideal, but can't be helped.
- I sent off the passport applications today -- expedited service should take 10 days.
- Packing is going OK. I'm getting burned out with it all. Thank goodness for the friends who have taken carloads of stuff to Goodwill. I need to keep working on this, but it's hard. And the more that gets packed, the messier the house gets and the harder it is to live here.
- Emotionally, I'm scared and excited. Kind of back and forth. In a way it is very surreal.
If you are a prayer, read between the lines. This is really too big for me to handle on my own. The good news is that I am daily seeing how BIG God is. I love that! Stepping out in faith is definately worth it. I can't do any less. I am so thankful that I get to live the life less ordinary!