Saturday, May 13, 2006

Prayer Requests 5-13-06

Excited and scared today. I found a bunch of boxes and have started packing, packing. Why do I have so much stuff? At least I can throw/give a lot of it away.

  1. Praise God that we are going to Japan. After so many years of waiting and longing for a job and a ministry, it is finally here.
  2. Pray that I will be wise in sorting through my stuff and the things I give away go to people who need them. That God will be glorified even in this.
  3. Friends to help me pack, find boxes and run errands these next few weeks. (I have some already, but need more)
  4. Some guys to take heavy stuff downstairs and away.
  5. The "right" realtor/management agent to handle my condo. Wisdom in knowing whether to sell, rent or combo of both.
  6. God to work in the hearts of the car dealership so I can give my car back and pay a penalty rather than voluntarily surrender it (affects credit rating almost like a repossession and not a good testimony)
  7. Calm, patience -- not two of my natural traits
  8. That I will be willing to lean on God, remember to turn to Him when I get nervous or overwhelmed
  9. Pray for Bonnie. She has a good attitude, but this is a big thing for her. She is watching her stuff go away and is losing all her friends and everything she knows. I can see God's peace settling over her. I'm so grateful for that.
  10. Pray for the Crafts, Bonnie's adopted grandparents. Many of you know them and you know what a knife this is in their hearts right now.
  11. Pray with me against the enemy who likes to remind me of all the things I didn't like about Japan and bring up seemingly insurmountable obstacles and all of my insecurities.
  12. Money, money, money. Just pray. God will move people to give. I am not being disingenuous. I am not asking YOU to give (or give more). But we need more monthly support for one year and definitely more one-time money. It doesn't even have to come from people. It could come through the sale of our stuff (I am not selling all the household goods because it's not a good use of my time, but I do have some nice items that I will consign) or other ways, but that is my biggest worry right now. I have no savings whatsoever and I do have some debt that has accumulated over the lean years.

Our God is an awesome God

He reigns from heaven above

With wisdom, power and love

Our God is an awesome God

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ~

It sounds really exciting. I'm glad I decided to check your blog today. This week is going to be very busy for me (my sister gets married this Sat).

The only thing I wanted to share is that mixed emotions often comes with the missionary call. As I read through your most recent posts, I saw a lot of myself.

Yes, I'm excited! But also nervous and scared, I'm not going to Portugal as a missionary intern - but a career missionary. Yes, I'm excited! But also sad. I'll leave behind family and friends and I'll have to miss my best friend's wedding in July.

The mixed emotions that come with following God wherever he calls us are an interesting paradox (or pair of ducks - you have to accept all of the emotions). Be on the lookout for Satan's tricks but be careful not to over spiritualize everything telling yourself if you really trusted God, you would feel no fear. It's not a sin to experience the emotion fear but it is a sin to let that emotion control your actions.

Be encouraged ~ knowles

KayCee said...

Thanks Kris-
It's hard to believe my dream is finally coming true. I guess I'm not an "official" missionary, but I am working in a paid ministry position and the purpose is to bring God to my little corner of Japan.

Karyn