Thursday, April 27, 2006

april 27 update out of order

THis update is published out of order. I found it in my drafts box! But wanted to get it up here. Don't know how to change the order of things. Sorry. But please read the more cenent updates.

Some of these are prayer requests and others are needs I have (financial, etc.) I don't want to be disingenuous and pretend to ask for prayer when I really want money (or something else) but I truly do want you to pray. If you feel moved to give money or time or whatever, DON'T do it unless you are SURE it is what God wants you to do. He can totally meet my needs. He has the money.


  • I told Raj I want to go and he is going to check my references. Please pray about this as my current boss does NOT like me AT ALL.
  • Since I've been unemployed or part-time employed for the past 4 years, I don't have any extra cash anywhere to spare. I am going to ask Raj if I can raise some support to help me with expenses involved in getting to Japan and to help pay for care for Bonnie while I'm there. Not sure if he will allow that to go through his organization or if I need to have someone else do it, but no WAY do I want the money to go to me. There needs to be accountability AND I am hoping I can get tax-exempt status if it goes to Raj's ministry for my use (like missionaries typically do).
  • Urgent: $350 to get Bonnie's and my passports. I can't even begin the process until I have the money to pay and then it takes about 2 weeks.
  • Help packing up. I don't have much time to empty this place out and take things to storage, consignment stores and good will. I'd like to have a garage sale to raise some of the money I need, but not sure i have the time/energy since I am still working!!!!! My dream is that someone would volunteer to do that for me. :) Ha!
  • I need to get out of the lease on my car. I've been told this will be impossible -- but we know God can do it. Please pray about this. IF I can't get out of it, I will have to either: abandon my plans to go to Japan, declare bankruptcy or let them repossess the car. I need God's intervention, frankly -- a miracle.
  • A place to store my stuff. I think I can get it down to a few boxes, but I can't leave them in an attic becuase my photos and stuff can't be exposed to the elements.
  • A property management company willing to take this on for a reasonable price. I have NO idea what I'm getting into here and need wisdom.
  • Stamina to finish my responsibilities at my two schools. York Tech finishes next week. Woodlawn finishes the first week in June. Bonnie finishes May 23.
  • Money to pay to send some boxes to Japan since we can only take suitcases each.
  • Someone to volunteer to send us American food, TV shows/movies and possibly music (from radio), church services etc. Also some medicines -- over the counter and prescription. I will NOT be able to survive in Japan without it.
  • Figure out what to do about my allergy shots. I'm allergic to rice, soy and chicken so I need to be able to take these shots in Japan. I can give them to myself, but the serum only lasts a few weeks. :(

Does this seem daunting? It seems challenging to me. God is so gracious! I have the attitude (which could only come from HIM) that He is in control and it will all be OK. For Bonnie's sake, I refuse to panic. IF God is sending us, it will be a calm and peaceful process with NO YELLING!

No comments: