Thursday, April 27, 2006

Japan Prayer Needs

This is the first set of prayer requests that I sent out. Answers are in blue.

  • Reassurance that this is the right thing to do. On 4-27, I told Raj I felt God wanted me to go forward. Many of my friends have pointed out the pros and cons and I appreciate all of you. I don't want people to just agree with me! I need to go into this realistically. I feel God could be "calling" me to Japan. Now I just wait for the open/closed doors.
  • An indication from Bonnie that she is willing to go (so far, so good) We have talked about it. She cried a little at the thought of leaving all her friends, but generally she is positive and sometimes even excited! But she really has no clue what she is getting into. Please pray for her
  • The same peace that I had about going to Japan the first time (doesn’t mean absence from fear! I had plenty of that, but I knew it was from God. Raj and I both know that when things get tough in Japan I will need to remember that God wants me there.) On Wednesday, I asked God to just give me reassurance that He was with me though this and He graciously gave me even more -- the peace -- the same peace I had before that He knows what He created when He formed me and He knows where I will thrive, even if it flies in the face of man's logic. Japan is good for me -- it was before and it will be again. (And if it isn't, we can always go home!)
  • Support from some people I respect who know me and what I’ve been going through the past few years (some of those people may be YOU!)
  • Indication that I will be able to sell my car
  • and RENT my condo (I don’t want to sell it – long story) I've been given the names of several property management companies who may be interested which is good enough for me to move forward. Of course, I need to be praying that someone will be willing to do it for the right price. Fortunately, my mortgage is pretty low.
  • The “right” answers from Raj about a couple of concerns
  • Indication that some of my friends will support us (prayer, initial finances to get over there, help with the condo, connections sending stuff and helping me with my U.S. banking while we’re in Japan).
  • Indication that we’ll be able to get passports by mid-June (both of ours have expired). No problem with timing, but they will be very expensive and I don't have the $350 this will take.
  • Please also pray for the Crafts, Bonnie’s adopted grandparents. This will be VERY hard for them to deal with. Pray especially for Howard. Merle was very supportive when I told her, but I knew it would be harder on Howard, especially since his son died last year. I cried when I told Merle about all of this, but she was so sweet. Please continue to pray for Howard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can certainly imagine you in Japan...

Keep following your heart...